Location: Houston, TX
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Montauk Renewables, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, is a leader in the development and operation of renewable energy facilities fueled by landfill methane. The Automation Engineer will support all existing operations and new development projects within Energy (currently 15 operating plants throughout the United States). Duties will include working with existing team to develop projects through their entire life cycles; prioritization, scoping, design reviews, construction support / field verification, programming, start up, and operations support.
- Programming and troubleshooting PLCs and HMIs
- Responsible for carrying out process improvement activities at existing facilities with new equipment
- Responsible for providing support for Montauk Energy’s data gathering and analysis needs and various IT support functions
- Assist with SOP and training material development, and plant startup including equipment and circuit check out
- Responsible for developing equipment and programming cost estimates
- Previous new facility design experience preferred
- Proficient/trained/certified in Siemens S7 PLCs, WinCC HMI, and Profibus
- Fluent in German language – Two facilities with Siemens control systems were developed by German company. Would be useful for comment and documentation translation.
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC installation, start-up and programming – current platforms
- Familiarization with automated valves and their operation with control oversight
- Understanding of related systems, i.e. instrument air, power distribution, condensate handling
- Knowledge of process/control systems interface to operating/production facilities
- Experience with gas processing, batch and unit operations, and / or corrosive/toxic chemicals a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities
- Mandatory Strong working knowledge in the following:
- Siemens S7 PLCs
- Siemens WinCC
- Desired Strong working knowledge the following:
- FactoryTalk SE/ME
- Visual Basic
- MSOffice – Access and Excel
- Yokogawa Data Acquisition Units
- Modbus RTU and TCP/IP communications
- Inductive Automation Ignition SCADA Software
- Red Lion Data Acquisition Devices / Crimson 3.0+
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree.
- Three or more years of direct automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, DCS, and process control system architecture design required.
Work environment includes extreme temperatures, wind, wet and/or humid and noise. May be exposed to chemical, fire, burn and explosion hazards and fumes, odors, mists, dusts and gases. Travel 25-75%.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 pounds; frequently exerting up to 20 pounds of force
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Normal ability to distinguish colors, speak, touch, and hear
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus required
- Frequent walking over uneven terrain, standing, use of hands and fingers, handle and feel objects and tools
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Ability to use a variety of tools
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.