Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Reports To: IT Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Montauk Renewables, Inc. (“Montauk”), headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, is a leader in the development and operation of landfill gas-to-energy facilities, a growing source of renewable energy. The Business Intelligence Analyst will help deliver actionable data to end-users within the company to guide decisions and derive actionable insight. An ideal candidate would be humble, curious, and proactive in looking for new solutions and in learning new skills.
- Create, improve, and maintain reports to help other departments unearth insights, find new ways of evaluating performance, and identify trends in the business.
- Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear accessible learnings
- Work with complex datasets across varied platforms to perform analysis
- Use data to discover business insights, uncover new opportunities, provide recommendations, and influence decisions.
- Promote a data-driven organization and empower teams with actionable data and with automated and intuitive reports
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across the company (Engineering, Operations, Finance, etc.)
- Developing and managing business intelligence solutions for the organization
- Providing reports through office applications to improve business processes
- Collaborating with team members for the purpose of collecting data and executing the company’s mission
- Creating and maintaining documentation that includes the design, requirements and user manuals for the organization
- Identifying the development needs for the purpose of streamlining and improving the operations of the organization for efficiency and profitability
- Provides the first line of support and problem resolution for technology products or applications.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for assistance with organization’s computer systems or PCs; resolves customer inquiries for one or more products or services.
- Day-to-day support activities including ticket creation and resolution
The successful candidate is expected to have a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or a minimum of 3 years of experience in the information technology and energy industry or comparable experience and education. 3-5 years of experience as a data analyst preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and presentation skills
- The ability to work both as a team and independently
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Technological and computer knowledge
- Knowledge in SQL, SSRS, Power BI, Workflow Automations
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), and databases (SQL etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Required to be able to stand, sit, walk, and lift light objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain
- Up to 15% travel as needed
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.