Website Montauk Renewables
The Construction Manager at Montauk Energy will be responsible for the management and successful completion for both new facilities and major projects at existing Montauk facilities. The successful candidate will lead the construction function including collaborating across departments of Montauk Energy.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ASSIGNED FACILITIES AND DEPARTMENTS:
- Serve as Montauk’s representative to the landfill owners, contractors, and local permitting and regulatory agencies during the construction phase.
- Assist in providing material and labor costs for budgetary estimates for projects in development.
- Responsible for understanding all requirements necessary for local building permits and communicating these to Engineering.
- Create and/or review construction schedules and ensure projects are fully staffed.
- Organize and participate in construction conference calls and meetings to report on status of assigned construction projects. Ensure safe and reliable construction consistent with company goals, objectives and policies, and in full compliance with existing and relevant emerging government codes and regulations.
- Document contractor crew activities prepare and present periodic oral and written update reports to the project team.
- Receipt, record, and approve all invoicing associated with the projects.
- When required conduct Incident Analyses and prepare and present periodic oral and written reports
- Assure that assigned field personnel are properly directed, trained and evaluated within Company guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that environmental and safety regulations are consistently followed.
- Assure that required equipment, materials and tools used by assigned personnel are available and stocked.
- Working closely with Montauks Health and Safety Manager, maintain a thorough understanding of emergency response procedures and safety guidelines. Ensure that all appropriate safety requirements are fully implemented.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources for pre-bid and pre-construction meetings as required.
- Work closely with department management and provide leadership to ensure that organizational goals are communicated to assigned field construction personnel and contractors.
- Support management to sustain a contractor / in house Labor relations strategy, to support improved relationships, enhance operational flexibility, improve efficiencies and support business initiatives.
- Manage and maintain in an organized fashion all construction documents, including files, submittals, RFI’s, manuals, etc. Facilitate the handover of project files to the Operations Department at project completion.
- Compile “lessons learned” from each project
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Projects will be located the north and midwest and could potentially require 50% travel during the construction periods.
- Ability to manage 2 or more projects – project costs – project costs range from $1,000,000 to $40,000,000
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or five or more years of construction management experience is required.
- Previous experience as a Construction Manager or similar position working on projects that involve compression, processing, electric generation and/or natural gas is required.
- Experience with project management software, excel, and MS Word.
- Candidates must have a flexible schedule and quick response time to meet the demands of the project
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.