This is an opportune time to join a fast-growing company which is an industry leader in the renewable energy space.
Montauk is a fully integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with a regional office in Houston, Texas. Montauk operates as a subsidiary of Montauk Holdings Limited, a publicly traded holding company listed on the NASDAQ.
Please visit us at www.montaukrenewables.com to learn more about the company.
Position Title: Engineer II
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Houston, TX with responsibilities at sites around the continental United States.
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, the Engineer II’s will support all existing operations and new development projects within the Company. Duties will include working with existing team to develop projects through their entire life cycles; prioritization, scoping, design reviews, construction support / field verification, and start up; using recognized engineering and project management tools in the areas of equipment sizing, PFD development, process control strategies, hazard analysis and P&ID development. This position will develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and maximize renewable natural gas (RNG) or electricity production in accordance with the sites business goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for developing heat and material balance, and Process Flow Diagram
- Responsible for specifying equipment and developing Piping & Instrument Diagram
- Responsible for developing manufacturing costs
- Responsible for scaling-up field and laboratory data to commercial design
- Responsible for carrying out process improvement activities at existing facilities
- Assist with SOP and training material development, and plant startup including equipment and piping and controls check out
- Bachelors in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
- 1-4 years engineering experience in a relative environment.
- Previous new facility design experience preferred
- Knowledge of production or process engineering
- Experience with gas dehydration, decontamination, and separation processing and distribution, batch and continuous processing operations, and/or corrosive/toxic chemicals a plus
- Previous operations and maintenance experience a plus
- Familiar with a wide variety of process equipment including pumps, coolers, process piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, compressors, modulated valves, rotating equipment, combustion devices, fluid flow, instrumentation, process controls, PLCs, VFDs and like components found in major process-oriented plants
- Competency in AutoCad® Microsoft Excel and Visio, and all MS Office programs
- Able to read technical drawings and create detailed piping and equipment sketches and process flow diagrams
- Ability to travel (US based) – estimate 25-50% on average with occasions of 75% for limited periods of time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and lead teams
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills, including process simulation tools
- Working knowledge of thermodynamics of gas compression systems
- Familiarization with automated valves and their operation
- Understanding of gas processing subsystems systems, such as instrument air, power distribution, condensate handling and heat transfer equipment.
- Understanding of electrical schematics, single line drawings, Ladder logic and SCADA
- Understanding of process instrumentation and tuning of control loops
- Knowledge of process/control systems interface
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, able to demonstrate operating procedures to staff, ability to walk over uneven terrain
- Work environment includes extreme temperatures, wind, wet and/or humid and noise. May be exposed to chemical, fire, burn and explosion hazards and fumes, odors, mists, dusts and gases.
Reports to: Director of Engineering – Project Development & Technical Support
– Up to 50% travel
Montauk Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.