Montauk Renewable’s Accounting Department is currently seeking a Financial Reporting Senior.
Montauk is a fully integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with regional offices in Houston, Texas and Irvine, California. Montauk is a public traded company, dually listed with the NASDAQ and Johannesburg, South Africa Stock Exchange.
· Preparation and assistance with financial statement creation, including monthly financial statements, 10K’s, annual reports, 10Q’s, 8K’s and earnings releases.
· Assist with Johannesburg Stock Exchange public filings
· Research and analyze infrequent and irregular accounting transactions, ensuring Montauk is in compliance with GAAP, IFRS and SEC rules.
· Assist in external audit requests
· Assist in internal audit requests
· Prepare and review iXBRL procedures with SEC filings.
· Direct liaison with EDGAR filing agent during all SEC filings
· Assist the financial planning department with Management Discussion and Analysis sections of the 10k and 10Q’s
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· Public accounting background preferred
· Public company reporting experience preferred
· CPA, required
· Experience in SOX compliance
· 3 – 5 years’ hands on accounting experience,
· Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation.
· Diligent, thorough, high level of attention to detail.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities based on deadlines.
· Expert knowledge of SEC and GAAP regulations.
· Excellent planning and project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
· Advanced level PC skills with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft software applications.
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
· Highly-developed communication skills.
· Commitment and desire for continuous improvement.
· Ability to cope professionally with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
· Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics.
· Ability to communicate with a diverse population through multiple media channels including e-mail, video and tele-conference, in person and instant message devices.
· Other duties as required
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.