Position Title: Fixed Asset Accountant
Position Location: Pittsburgh, PA
This is an opportune time to join a fast-growing company which is an industry leader in the renewable energy space.
Montauk is a fully integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with regional offices in Houston, Texas and Irvine, California. Montauk operates as a subsidiary of Montauk Holdings Limited, a publicly traded holding company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Montauk Renewables Inc.’s accounting department is currently seeking a Fixed Asset Accountant. Working under general guidance the Fixed Asset Accountant will perform all duties related to fixed assets and intangible assets, including maintaining subledgers; performing month-end duties and research as required; preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and audit schedules; analyzing associated activity accounts; and other tasks as assigned. The Fixed Asset Accountant role requires detailed analysis of invoices in order to determine asset validity, classification, and significant amounts of data entry in a time sensitive environment while adhering to all policies and procedures. The Fixed Asset Accountant role often requires collaboration with internal and external partners requiring an effective command of technical knowledge and the skill to deliver through verbal and written communication to those without technical knowledge and training in a professional manner.
· Prepares, records, and reconciles journal entries and the general ledger in all accounts related to areas of assigned accountability, fixed assets and intangible assets, taking appropriate action to research, correct, and raise concerns to management as needed.
· Analyzes activity in accounts related to areas of assigned accountability, fixed assets and intangible assets, taking appropriate action to reclassify, amortize, or depreciate as required by company policy and US GAAP.
· Maintains Excel based construction in process and subsidiary ledger import schedule which includes review and research to determine asset validity, life, classification which requires significant amounts of data entry.
· Maintains fixed asset subsidiary ledger software including monthly asset imports for new additions, monthly depreciation calculations, other monthly close operations, and various reporting on a monthly and ad hoc basis.
· Prepares various manual reports, schedules, and analysis as requested, primarily focused on fixed assets. These may include roll-forward of balances, ratio analytics, identification of recurring subscriptions that have not been renewed, and others.
· Maintains Excel based reconciliation of prepaid annual contracts which includes review and research to determine validity, terms, department classification, and amortization schedule while working closely with other departments and partners to plan and properly record transactions.
· Assists in preparing and managing requests from internal and external partners including clients, internal auditors, external auditors, and client audit partners.
· Work with other departments and partners in understanding and adhering to company and client’s policies related to position’s area of accountability, offering guidance and support to ensure transactions are properly treated.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum of 3 years’ hands on accounting experience, experience with Fixed Assets strongly preferred.
· Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation.
· Diligent, thorough, high level of attention to detail.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities based on deadlines.
· Expert knowledge of FASB/GAAP regulations.
· Excellent planning and project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
· Advanced Excel skills
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
· Highly-developed communication skills.
· Commitment and desire for continuous improvement.
· Ability to cope professionally with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
· Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics.
· Ability to communicate with a diverse population through multiple media channels including e-mail, video and tele-conference, in person and instant message devices.
· Full-Time employees are eligible for a strong benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision
· Flexible spending account
· Paid time off
· Long term disability, and life insurance
· Retirement 401K
· Pay is commensurate with qualifications.
Montauk Renewables is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. We are a drug free work environment based on Federal guidelines and use e-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.