Website Montauk Energy
Title: Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Renewable Energy Facilities)
Montauk Energy, a fast-paced renewable energy company, is experiencing unprecedented growth and has an opportunity for an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician. Reporting to the North Region Manager, the Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will assist with repairs and modifications to our existing facilities. This will include landfill and agricultural digester gas processing plants and renewable gas to electricity facilities. This position will safely and effectively plan, coordinate, and direct activities pertaining to the repair and troubleshooting of renewable gas plants in accordance with company policies, goals and governmental regulations. The ideal candidate is an experienced instrumentation and electrical technician, with a background in high pressure mechanical and high voltage electrical systems, including compression, refrigeration, pumps, process equipment and instrumentation & controls. He or she must be proactive and a have strong sense of urgency, fiscal responsibility and attention to detail.
- Maintain a safe working environment, in compliance with all regulations, codes and standards
- Read, understand and interpret schematics, ladder drawings, technical specifications and manufacturer’s manuals related to repair, maintenance and testing/troubleshooting of electrical, instrumentation and control equipment
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot instrumentation, controls and electrical systems (480VAC/120VAC/24VDC) including, but not limited to: generators, generator monitoring and control systems, transmitters, low and medium voltage switchgear, transformers, protective relays and motor control centers, 24 VDC systems, PLC’s, UPS, computers, electric motors, VFDs, soft starts, conduits, cable, relays, instrument loops, flow meters, pressure probes, temperature probes, level probes, switches, alarm and telemetry systems
- Perform preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance in accordance with established procedures
- Provide technical guidance to operations and maintenance personnel and provide suggestions to improve service and operations
- Provide electrical expertise including technical review for in-house modifications, additions and major repairs
- Contact and work with independent contractors regarding electrical, instrumentation and control system repairs and installations
- Coordinate and maintain an inventory of electrical parts and equipment sufficient to perform repairs and complete normal installations
- Properly uses instrumentation, control and electrical test equipment and other similar tools
- Performs routine generator electrical system test and inspections to the extent qualified and or supervise an outside contractor as required
- Opens and closes circuit breakers as required for proper system operation and electrical isolation
- Performs annual instrument calibrations as part of the electrical and instrumentation team
- PLC to I/O to field device troubleshooting experience is required
- Reads, understands, and complies with all regulatory and facility safety procedures
- Perform plant electrical switching and lock-out/tag-out (LOTO) of equipment in accordance with approved procedures and prudent operations and maintenance best practices
- Work with Engineering during project design and commissioning of new facilities.
- Work with Engineering for facility troubleshooting and repair, during normal business hours, as well as, “off” hours.
- Directly manage vendors, subcontractors, and consultants to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding expectations and all milestones.
- Manage tasks concurrently
- Work collaboratively with internal Montauk resources including Engineering, Procurement, Environmental, Safety, Finance, Legal and Accounting, as well as all consultants and suppliers assigned to the projects.
- Work with procurement to issue purchase order, receipt and track the materials and services delivered, and submit invoices for approval.
- Minimum of 5 years instrumentation and controls
- Excellent technical and logistical decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, delegate responsibility, and achieve desired results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read construction plans, including mechanical, electrical, civil and instrumentation
- Proven experience with OSHA safety standards, mechanical and electrical codes
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required (Montauk will not sponsor visas)
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing, issued by resident state.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Projects are located throughout the continental US and are typically at Landfills, Dairy Farms and similar locations
- Work will be performed in office environments, construction trailers, control rooms, construction sites, both outdoors and inside process buildings.
- Weather conditions vary from summer in southern states to winter in northern states
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., and walk on uneven surfaces and rugged terrain, including walking pipeline routes, rights of way, farms and landfills.
- Travel to various sites in North Region
- Work may be required after normal business hours, including on-call response and travel
Montauk’s primary office is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Relocation is not required due to this being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com