Website Montauk Energy
Montauk Energy Holdings, LLC
Job Description Form
Job Title: Landfill Gas Plant Operator
Reports To: Facility Manager
Job Description: Participates in the operation and maintenance activities of a landfill gas processing plant as directed by the Facility Manager. Strives to achieve high standards of safety and environmental integrity while maintaining maximum processing production.
- Responsible for daily operations, maintenance, and repair, including daily logs, preventive maintenance tasks, and reporting requirements.
- Perform and assist with inspection and overhaul activities.
- Perform equipment inspection, maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and diagnoses of plant equipment and systems.
- Partner with landfill technicians to extract landfill gas in a proper, safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
- Oversee (and to the extent necessary participate with) subcontractors in the performance of equipment service work, and in overhaul activities as required.
- Minimum 3+ years’ equipment operations experience using mechanical, electrical, instrument or control system skills.
- High School or GED; technical training school.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel.
- Strong verbal, written, computer communication and organization skills.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment.
- Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
- Flexibility for ‘on call’ support or varied schedule needs.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities.
- Natural or landfill gas wellfield experience.
- Occasional lifting or moving heavy materials.
- Ability to use a variety of tools.
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org