Job Title: Landfill Gas Plant Operator
Location: Humble, Texas
Reports To: Facility Manager
This is an opportune time to join a fast-growing company which is an industry leader in the renewable energy space.
Montauk is a fully integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with regional offices in Houston, Texas and Irvine, California. Montauk operates as a subsidiary of Montauk Holdings Limited, a publicly traded holding company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Participates in the operation and maintenance activities of a landfill gas processing plant as directed by the Facility Manager. Strives to achieve high standards of safety and environmental integrity while maintaining maximum processing production.
· Responsible for daily operations, maintenance, and repair, including daily logs, preventive maintenance tasks, and reporting requirements.
· Perform and assist with inspection and overhaul activities.
· Perform equipment inspection, maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and diagnoses of plant equipment and systems.
· Partner with landfill technicians to extract landfill gas in a proper, safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
· Oversee (and to the extent necessary participate with) subcontractors in the performance of equipment service work, and in overhaul activities as required.
· Minimum 3+ years’ equipment operations experience using mechanical, electrical, instrument or control system skills.
· High School or GED; technical training school.
· Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers.
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel.
· Strong verbal, written, computer communication and organization skills.
· Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment.
· Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
· Flexibility for ‘on call’ support or varied schedule needs.
· Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities.
· Natural or landfill gas wellfield experience.
· Occasional lifting or moving heavy materials.
· Ability to use a variety of tools.
· Ability to walk over uneven terrain.
· Full-Time employees are eligible for a strong benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision
· Flexible spending account
· Paid time off
· Long term disability, and life insurance
· Retirement 401K
· Pay is commensurate with qualifications.
Montauk Renewables is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. We are a drug free work environment based on Federal guidelines and use e-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.