Website Montauk Renewables
This is an opportune time to join a fast-growing company which is an industry leader in the renewable energy space. Montauk is a fully integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with regional offices in Houston, Texas and Irvine, California. Montauk operates as a subsidiary of Montauk Holdings Limited, a publicly traded holding company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Summary of Duties:
Major duties involve the operation and maintenance of a Biomass Processing Plant and associated environmental control devices to convert biomass into pipeline quality gas and biodiesel.
· High School or GED diploma
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing
· Required to exert physical effort in handling object(s) less than or equal to 50 pounds
· Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes.
· Ability to walk over uneven terrain
· Ability to work at elevated positions
· Ability to be flexible for “on call” support and varied schedule needs
· Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment
· Ability to perform all assignments and tasks in a safe and environmental responsible manner.
· Willingness to perform tasks outside “technical” scope (e.g., Housekeeping, landscaping, painting, etc.)
· Demonstrate mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities
· Natural or landfill gas processing experience
· Related college or technical school training
· Plant operations/Human Machine Interface (HMI) experience preferred
· Operation and Maintenance Experience with high pressure systems, blowers, pumps, compressors, and other mechanical and electrical equipment preferred
· Able to work under the supervision of others
· Ability to start, stop, and operate the plant following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
· Ability to accurately collect data from plant instrumentation and log as necessary.
· Understand the proper operational values for all equipment and report when readings fall outside of normal operational parameters.
· Perform basic maintenance tasks, under the direction of the site manager, on operating equipment and ancillary support equipment.
· Capable of properly applying lock-out/tag-out (LOTO) on all facility operating equipment.
· Able to work with minimal to no supervision
· Ability to interpret plant instrumentation readings and predict operational problems/issues.
· Perform basic electrical troubleshooting using a multi-meter
o Test fuse
o Test for basic power, 120V and below
o Ability to follow direction and assist with low voltage (50v or less) troubleshooting with remote support.
o ARC Flash trained as a qualified employee
· Perform basic mechanical preventative maintenance.
o Ability to follow work orders to complete maintenance tasks.
o Complete all data entry associated with the work order, including communicating the need for re-ordering materials/supplies used in during the task.
· Operate heavy equipment to perform plant activities (fork truck, telehandler, etc.
· Full-Time employees are eligible for a strong benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision
· Flexible spending account
· Paid time off
· Long term disability, and life insurance
· Retirement 401K
· Pay is commensurate with qualifications.
Montauk is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. We are a drug free work environment based on Federal guidelines and use e-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.