Website Montauk Renewables
Montauk Renewables Inc.’s accounting department is currently seeking a Project Accountant. Working under general guidance the Project Accountant will perform all duties related to capital project spend, fixed assets and intangible assets, including maintaining subledgers; performing month-end duties and research as required; preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and audit schedules; analyzing associated activity accounts; and other tasks as assigned. The Project Accountant role requires detailed analysis of invoices in order to determine asset validity, classification, and significant amounts of data entry in a time sensitive environment while adhering to all policies and procedures. The Project Accountant role often requires collaboration with internal and external partners requiring an effective command of technical knowledge and the skill to deliver through verbal and written communication to those without technical knowledge and training in a professional manner.
· Prepares, records, and reconciles journal entries and the general ledger in all accounts related to areas of assigned accountability, CIP, fixed assets, intangible assets and spare parts/inventory, taking appropriate action to research, correct, and raise concerns to management as needed.
· Analyzes activity in accounts related to areas of assigned accountability, CIP, fixed assets, intangible assets and spare parts/inventory, taking appropriate action to reclassify, amortize, or depreciate as required by company policy and US GAAP.
· Maintains Excel based construction in process and subsidiary ledger import schedule which includes review and research to determine asset validity, life, classification which requires significant amounts of data entry.
· Communicates with project managers to accurately record all relevant project costs and convert projects to fixed assets when completed.
· Maintains fixed asset subsidiary ledger software including monthly asset imports for new additions, monthly depreciation calculations, other monthly close operations, and various reporting on a monthly and ad hoc basis.
· Prepares various manual reports, schedules, and analysis as requested, primarily focused on fixed assets. These may include roll-forward of balances, ratio analytics, identification of recurring subscriptions that have not been renewed, and others.
· Assist in the preparation of lease classification (i.e. operating versus capital)
· Assists in preparing and managing requests from internal and external partners including clients, internal auditors, external auditors, and client audit partners.
· Work with other departments and partners in understanding and adhering to company and client’s policies related to position’s area of accountability, offering guidance and support to ensure transactions are properly treated.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum of 3 years’ hands on accounting experience, experience with Fixed Assets or project accounting strongly preferred. · Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation.
· Diligent, thorough, high level of attention to detail.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities based on deadlines.
· Expert knowledge of FASB/GAAP regulations.
· Excellent planning and project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
· Advanced Excel skills
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
· Highly developed communication skills.
· Commitment and desire for continuous improvement.
· Ability to cope professionally with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
· Ability to communicate with a diverse population through multiple media channels including e-mail, video and tele-conference, in person and instant message devices
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.