Montauk Renewables, Inc. is seeking an analytically minded, multi-tasking, highly organized senior financial analyst to join our team. The senior financial analyst will assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting process, monthly forecasting process, strategic modeling and analyzing project economics. This role serves as a key liaison between other departments within the organization.
- Support the day-to-day activities of financial forecasting, planning, and analysis
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in engineering, operations, environmental and accounting departments to assist with the preparation of the monthly forecast financial performance of the Company; including the 5-year extended forecast
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s annual budget
- Analyze monthly O&M and SG&A cost variances
- Support business development department to analyze financial models and project economics
- Have a thorough understanding of the price and volume and can explain how they are impacting the Company’s performance
- Assists with data collection and preparation of drafts for board, earning releases and investor slide decks
- Review the accuracy of the site/department financial statements through analysis of posted transactions and knowledge of the business
- Attend operations meetings and other key discussions to understand and support business operations as required
- Analyze variances and develop improvement action recommendations
- Establishes and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and develops metric measurement process
- Conduct various ad hoc analysis to support strategic decision making as needed by management
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong communicator – written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles –
- Demonstrated understanding of financial modeling, valuation and financial statements required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.