Website Montauk Renewables
This is an opportune time to join a fast-growing company which is an industry leader in the renewable energy space. Montauk is a fully integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices are in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with a regional office in Houston, Texas. Montauk operates as a subsidiary of Montauk Holdings Limited, a publicly traded holding company listed on the NASDAQ.
Proficient in all aspects of purchasing to efficiently and cost-effectively support operations across the Company’s sites nationwide. Purchasing functions including review of vendor terms and conditions, providing materials in support of site project and maintenance schedules, select, evaluate, and review supplier performance to continually improve value added and cost reduction. Work to expand supplier network to identify best supplier based on quality, cost and capability. Ensure purchasing and receipting are performed in accordance with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
· Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, equipment, and services in a timely manner to maintain production schedules
· Work with Operations to coordinate and reorder consumables and other items required frequently by the operating sites.
· Administer purchasing terms and conditions agreements with suppliers in support of Company policies.
· Review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures
· Facilitate timely filing of purchase orders, change orders, and closures
· Participates in the ordering and expediting of for equipment and products.
· Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns and coordinate with Operations to ensure on time delivery of products and services
· Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements and advise manager in a timely manner of impeding supplier’s failure to fulfill contractual agreements or any other problems that may delay production or operations
· Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs and delivery performance. Independently develop an action plan to address open and aging purchase orders for responsible regional sites as well as all cross-functional corporate spending, consulting when needed with the Site Manager or Department Manager.
Work with Montauk’s internal Tax Manager, Site Managers and the Vendors to determine tax exemption when necessary.
Accounting and Other:
· Maintain continuous communication with site mangers to track the receipt of goods or services order and received and provide Accounting monthly accrual listings for items received that have not yet been receipted
· Coordinate with Accounts Payable to resolve an invoice or credit issues in a timely manner
· Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profit objectives
· Create and update task procedures and documentation
· Perform special assignments as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college in Business, Purchasing or equivalent degree.
- 10 years’ experience in procurement, energy-related industry preferred.
- 10 years’ experience supporting sites in multiple geographical locations while simultaneously supporting a corporate or headquarters location.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement related activities (procurement requirements, terms and conditions, soliciting quotes, managing contract compliance, etc.)
- 5 years of experience in training internal staff and external vendors on procurement policies and compliance requirements.
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software Suite (Emphasis in Excel)
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP systems
- Ability to coordinate between multiple group efforts within the Company to achieve objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter equipped to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines
- Excellent technical and logistical decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, delegate responsibility, and achieve desired results
Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Keen sense of fiscal discipline, including cost estimation, planning/forecasting and budget management experience
- Full-Time employees are eligible for a strong benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Long term disability, and life insurance
- Retirement 401K
- Pay is commensurate with qualifications.
Montauk Renewables is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. We are a drug free work environment based on Federal guidelines and use e-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.