Website Montauk Renewables
Job Description: The Site Manager is responsible for the overall management of digester operations and gas collection to the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) generation facility. The position oversees the digestor operation, gas collection system, flare station(s), the renewable gas processing plant and electrical generation. Duties will include working with technicians and contractors to manage the overall operations of the digester(s) and RNG processing plant with responsibilities for safety, compliance, optimization of production and maintenance of generation assets. Additional responsibilities include managing staff, maintaining budgets, and relationships with vendors, the host site management team and the community.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Operations Management or vocational school and 5 years of equivalent experience in the digester operations, renewable gas, electric generation or energy industry.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Management of teams in an industrial environment
• Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing
• Required to exert physical effort in lifting/handling object(s) up to 50 pounds
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes.
• Ability to walk over uneven terrain
• Ability to be flexible for “on call” support and varied schedule needs
• Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment
• Ability to perform all assignments and tasks in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
• Willingness to perform tasks outside “technical” scope (e.g., Housekeeping, landscaping, painting, etc.)
• Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
• Servant-Leader ethos
• People management skills
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
• Familiarity with PLC systems
• Demonstrate mechanical and electrical knowledge and troubleshooting and repair abilities
• Digester gas processing and/or wastewater treatment experience.
• Knowledge of 5S strategies/6 Sigma/Lean Manufacturing
• Direct and manage overall digester operations to maximize production
• Develop and administer site level budgets (labor/capital/expense) and P&L
• Supervise and lead all facility staff
• Maintain positive relationship with host management and operations staff
• Arrange for and manage third party contractor support
• Ensure Preventive Maintenance is completed in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot plant issues and make recommendations for improvements to prevent recurrence.
• Implement and maintain environmental compliance and safety programs and required reporting in accordance with federal, state, and local safety/environmental regulations and Montauk policies and procedures
• Oversee all digester gas collection, flare, and reclamation activities
• Operation and Maintenance of processing plant equipment including compressors, engines, motors, switchgear, heat exchangers, pumps, generators, and other ancillary equipment
• Develop and implement process control improvements to reduce downtime, optimize production, maximize production volumes and improve output.
• Develop and implement metrics for production and quality control
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.