Position: Site Manager
Location: Jerome, ID
This is an opportune time to join a fast-growing company which is an industry leader in the renewable energy space.
Montauk is a fully integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with regional offices in Houston, Texas and Irvine, California. Montauk operates as a subsidiary of Montauk Holdings Limited, a publicly traded holding company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The Site Manager is responsible for the overall management of digester operations and gas collection to the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) generation facility. The position oversees the digester operation, gas collection system, flare station(s), the renewable gas processing plant and electrical generation. Duties will include working with technicians and contractors to manage the overall operations of the digester(s) and RNG processing plant with responsibilities for safety, compliance, optimization of production and maintenance of generation assets. Additional responsibilities include managing staff, maintaining budgets, and relationships with vendors, the host site management team and the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Operations Management or vocational school and 5 years of equivalent experience in
thedigester operations, renewable gas, electric generation or energy industry.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Management of teams in an industrial environment
- Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing
- Required to exert physical effort in lifting/handling object(s) up to 50 pounds
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes.
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain
- Ability to be flexible for “on call” support and varied schedule needs
- Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to perform all assignments and tasks in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Willingness to perform tasks outside “technical” scope (e.g., Housekeeping, landscaping, painting, etc.)
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
- Servant-Leader ethos
- People management skills
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with PLC systems
- Demonstrate mechanical and electrical knowledge and troubleshooting and repair abilities
- Digester gas processing and/or wastewater treatment experience.
- Knowledge of 5S strategies/6 Sigma/Lean Manufacturing
- Direct and manage overall digester operations to maximize production
- Develop and administer site level budgets (labor/capital/expense) and P&L
- Supervise and lead all facility staff
- Maintain positive relationship with host management and operations staff
- Arrange for and manage third party contractor support
- Ensure Preventive Maintenance is completed in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot plant issues and make recommendations for improvements to prevent recurrence.
- Implement and maintain environmental compliance and safety programs and required reporting in accordance with federal, state, and local safety/environmental regulations and Montauk policies and procedures
- Oversee all digester gas collection, flare, and reclamation activities
- Operation and Maintenance of processing plant equipment including compressors, engines, motors, switchgear, heat exchangers, pumps, generators, and other ancillary equipment
- Develop and implement process control improvements to reduce downtime, optimize production, maximize production volumes and improve output.
- Develop and implement metrics for production and quality control
· Full-Time employees are eligible for a strong benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision
· Flexible spending account
· Paid time off
· Long term disability, and life insurance
· Retirement 401K
· Pay is commensurate with qualifications.
Montauk Renewables is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. We are a drug free work environment based on Federal guidelines and use e-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.