Montauk Renewables, Inc. is seeking an analytically minded, multi-tasking, highly organized senior tax accountant to join our team. The senior tax accountant will assist in the preparation or review of various aspects of the Company’s tax process across the various tax jurisdictions the Company operates. This role will be involved with the Company’s real estate taxes, sales and use taxes, income tax provision calculations, and other tax compliance matters. This role will interface with various consultants used by the Company.
- Lead the Company’s real estate tax compliance efforts
- Lead the Company’s property tax compliance efforts
- Enhance and improve the Company’s controls process around real estate and property tax reporting
- Implement a sales and use tax monitoring program for the Company, including but not limited to, tracking various exemption certificates
- Prepare all real estate, property, and sales and use tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of federal and state tax returns
- Assist in preparation of quarterly tax provision and associated analysis of the effective tax rate, footnote, and other SEC disclosures.
- Support informational requests received by external auditors and/or tax authorities
- Perform tax research, staying current on federal and state tax law changes
- Assist in Audit defense and information gathering.
- Support Company consultants involved with real estate and property tax reviews
- Respond to internal requests for information related to taxes and other items.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of corporate income tax (ASC 740) experience, federal and state income tax return preparation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of property tax and sales and use tax experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, mathematics, or other financial or business field.
- CPA • MBA or MST preferred
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft products
- Experience with One Source Tax Provision, One Source Income Tax preparation software and Microsoft Dynamics software preferred
- Self-starter, self-confident and motivated
- Ability to handle multiple processes/projects and plan accordingly
- Strong data simplification, organization, and documentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills – must be able to analyze, not just compile information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written, oral, presentation)
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.