Website Montauk Renewables
Position Title: Wellfield Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
This is an opportune time to join a fast-growing company which is an industry leader in the renewable energy space.
Montauk Energy is a fully-integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with regional offices in Houston, Texas and Irvine, California. Montauk operates as a subsidiary of Montauk Holdings Limited, a publicly-traded holding company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Under the direction of the Wellfield Manager, the Wellfield Engineer provides technical and administrative support for the wellfield gas collection and control systems at Montauk’s renewable energy project sites. This person will strive to maximize gas collection to the production facilities in all of Montauk’s energy projects. This full-time position has travel requirements of up to 30-50%.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor production data from the energy projects, analyze reductions in gas production and work with the engineering and site personnel to develop corrective actions
- Forecast future gas production at each site using historical data, modeling etc.
- Working with site operations personnel, evaluate operational changes affecting gas production and make recommendations for future capital expansions or improvements to the gas collection control system
- Manage capital projects related to wellfield operations, develop and manage project budget, oversee contractors, procure services and supplies
- Assist site management with budget projects pertaining to gas production and wellfield capital projects
- Travel to sites to address and advise on gas collection and control issues
- Assist Engineering, Compliance and Development Departments as necessary
- Develop strong working relationships with Montauk site staff and Landfill owners personnel
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, biological or environmental science, or an equivalent
- Familiar with environmental regulations; knowledge of landfill operations a plus
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Strong verbal, written, computer communication and organization skills
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with peoples across all levels of an organization
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain in all kinds of weather conditions
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time
- Ability to travel approximately 30-50%.
Montauk Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.