Position Title: Wellfield Technician
Position Location: Johnstown, PA
This is an opportune time to join a fast-growing company which is an industry leader in the renewable energy space.
Montauk is a fully integrated renewable energy company specializing in the management, recovery, and conversion of landfill methane into renewable electric power and renewable natural gas. Montauk’s corporate offices are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with regional offices in Houston, Texas and Irvine, California. Montauk operates as a subsidiary of Montauk Holdings Limited, a publicly traded holding company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Participates in the monitoring and maintenance activities of a landfill gas collection system as directed by the Site Manager. Strives to achieve high standards of safety and environmental integrity while maintaining maximum collection of landfill gas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Properly tune and balance the gas collection system wellheads in order to achieve performance standard
- Routine Blower / Flare Operations
- Operate a gas chromatograph and enter data via the computer
- Monitor and collect data for verification of NSPS compliance
- Condensate Management System Maintenance
- Oversee (and to the extent necessary participate with) subcontractors in system expansions and modifications as required
- High School or GED; technical training school
- Working knowledge of pumps, gauges, etc.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Strong verbal, written, computer communication and organization skills
- Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment
- Valid Driver’s License issued by state of residence and in good standing
- Flexibility for ‘on call’ support or varied schedule needs
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities
- Natural or landfill gas wellfield experience a plus
- Work environment includes indoors and outdoors type work
- Lifting or moving up to 50 pounds; frequently exerting up to 20 pounds of force
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Normal ability to distinguish colors, speak, touch, and hear
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus required
- Frequent walking over uneven terrain, standing, use hands and fingers, handle and feel objects and tools
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Ability to operate a truck, forklift and use a variety of tools
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Montauk Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit montaukenergy.applicantstack.com.